About the ALEKS Chemistry Placement Assessment
If you plan to take General Chemistry I (CHEM 10060) in the fall, you are required to take the online ALEKS Chemistry assessment.
- Take the online ALEKS Chemistry assessment as soon as possible.
- Preferred web browsers to take ALEKS Chemistry are Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- To take the assessment, log into FlashLine > Student Tools & Courses > Placement Assessment.
- The assessment takes about an hour to complete. There is no time limit to take the initial assessment.
- To be eligible to take CHEM 10060, you will need to obtain a 100% mastery of the material in the ALEKS Chemistry assessment. You will need to complete all topics and use the learning modules available online through ALEKS Chemistry over the summer to improve your mastery as needed.
- You will be periodically reassessed (each time 20 topics are learned) throughout the summer (for Fall registration) until you obtain 100% mastery of the 90 core topics. You do not need to take the final assessment that will be offered to you once you have obtained 100% mastery.
- Only students who attain 100% mastery after the initial placement assessment or who reach 100% mastery through the use of the learning modules by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 20 will be permitted to remain registered for CHEM 10060.
- To ensure that you obtain 100% mastery by the deadline, you may need to invest time throughout the summer to master the topics. Take the assessment as early as possible.