- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent’s Role in Cross-County Basketball Game
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- PTA Students Continue Tradition
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Rural Scholars mentors present Justice Talking
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Serving it up on Fat Tuesday
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Kent State Connects Blog: Celebrate Valentine’s Day Every DayPosted Feb. 18, 2013
Did you miss the Valentine’s Day blog posts on the Kent State Connects blog? No need to worry, Valentine’s Day happens once a year, but you can always enjoy a nice time with your valentine anytime.
Natalie Caine-Bish, associate professor in the Department of Health Sciences and registered dietician, wrote about “Healthy Places to Take Your Valentine to Eat.”
“Remember when you are eating out, just because it is a healthy choice, the portion may still be large, so remember moderation,” Caine-Bish says.
Click here to read more and get healthy restaurant menu ideas.
Also, Kent State Executive Chef Michael Fiala wrote about “Entertaining – Valentine’s Day Wine Dinner for Two.”
“I love to create menu pairings that elicit emotional responses that are ethereal, sensual, contemplative and exciting,” Fiala says.
Click here to read more and get great ideas for a special wine dinner with your valentine.
And, Emily Myers, special assistant in the Office of the Provost, writes about “Meatless Wednesday”
“Our menu consisted of asparagus spears, spaghetti squash with chopped tomatoes, which is my go to side dish; sliced red, yellow and orange peppers and cucumbers with hummus; and a wonderful mixed green salad with berries and nuts. The most interesting dish was a cottage cheese 'meatless' casserole,” Myers says.
Click here to read more from Myers’s blog post.
Click here to subscribe to the Kent State Connects blog and receive an email notification when a new post has been published. It is the easy way to always keep up with what your Kent State colleagues are writing about on the blog.