- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- 8th Annual Environmental Justice Conference Winners Announced
- 25th Annual Wall of Fame Honors Banquet Held
- Advisory Boards Ready for 2013
- AITP – Kent State Columbiana Student Chapter
- Alternative Spring Break 2013
- Alternative Spring Break Comes To Columbiana County, OH
- Attracting Skilled Workers to the Insurance Industry
- Career Fair Held for PTA & OTA Students
- Centofanti Gift to Kent State University Helps Complete Health and Science Wing at Salem Campus
- Commencement Ceremonies Held at Kent State University’s Columbiana County Campuses
- Discovery Garden is sprouting roots on the Salem campus
- Educational Forum and Town Hall Presentation Held for Area Residents and Tax Experts
- Flash Dash Deemed Successful, Fun and Muddy!
- High School Students Invited to Become College Students
- Interview Preparation - Be Ready to Take the Next Step!
- Kent State Creative Writers Hold Fiction Reading
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Nursing Students
- Kent State Holds CARES Open House
- Kent State Offers Bachelors Program for Registered Nurses
- Kent State Salem Observing Earth Week with Campus Activities
- Kent State Salem Promotes Mental Health, Well-being
- Kent State Salem Students Honored at Annual Awards Ceremony; Lou and Kerry Ramunno Receive Friends of the Campus Award
- Kent State Students Earn Insurance Industry Scholarships
- Kent State University Gospel Choir Coming to Salem
- Kent State University Holds OTA Fieldwork Presentation
- Little Beaver Creek, Groundwater and Trees are Slated to be Topics of Discussion
- Michael Parkes, John McCord to Address Graduates of Kent State’s Columbiana County Campuses
- ONA Representatives Discuss Professional Development with ADN Students
- OTA Students Participate in Community Beautification Project
- President’s and Dean’s Lists Announced for Kent State Columbiana County Campuses
- Radiology Students from Kent State Salem Finish First in Competition
- Southern Local 8th Graders Visited KSU at Salem
- Students Volunteer at Angels for Animals
- Tickets on Sale Now for Wall of Fame Honors Banquet
- Wall of Fame Nomination & Scholarship Deadline- Feb. 26
- Want to get involved on campus? Salem SGO Elections to be Held Soon.
Fulbright Scholar Louis Mendy to Lecture on Human Rights Issues in American LiteraturePosted Feb. 11, 2013
Join the Department of Pan-African Studies on Wednesday, Feb 13, at noon for a lunch-and-learn session that will feature a lecture by Fulbright Scholar Louis Mendy, Ph.D. The event takes place in Room 127c main office conference room at Ritchie Hall, which is located at 225 Terrace Drive on the Kent Campus.
Mendy is an associate professor of American literature and civilization at Cheikh Anta Diop University in Dakar, Senegal. He is at Kent State University this academic year to conduct research on human rights issues in American literature. Mendy also is a human rights defender who has voluntarily worked for Amnesty International in Senegal and London for nearly a decade.
For more information about this event and to participate in upcoming events, contact the Department of Pan-African Studies at 330-672-2300.