- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
Kent State Planetarium Presents “The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence”Posted Feb. 11, 2013
Kent State University’s Planetarium will present “The Search for Extraterrestrial Life,” on Friday, Feb. 15, Saturday, Feb. 16, and Friday, Feb. 22. During the presentations, audience members will explore celestial objects in Ohio’s night sky that may contain extraterrestrial life, and the presenter will describe stories of attempts to communicate with intelligent life in other worlds.
This presentation takes place every year, but organizer and director of the Planetarium, Brett Ellman, says he tries to put a new spin on each year’s show.
"Almost every modern astronomer believes there is life elsewhere and quite possibly intelligent life," says Ellman. “I talk about the way people for hundreds of years have been thinking about life elsewhere in the universe."
The hour-long presentation is available three nights this year, and it is free and open to the public.
“I want the audience to enjoy themselves and appreciate how beautiful the universe is,” says Ellman. "It's an entertainment thing. It's for fun. It's very popular with children."
Children six and older are encouraged to attend and to bring a drawing of what they think a space creature looks like, or they can create one at the show, says Ellman.
“I want children and adults to get a sense of fascination.”
Seating is limited, so reservations are recommended. Reservations are being accepted now by calling 330-672-2246. For more information, visit http://planetarium.kent.edu/.