- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Challenging 5K Obstacle Race for All Ages
- A Season of Gratitude
- Anniversary Celebration Begins with Art and Music
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Apply for FREE at Information Night
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- East Liverpool campus names Earth Day speakers
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent’s Role in Cross-County Basketball Game
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent East Liverpool’s Student Government Holding Blood Drive
- Kent State Regional Campuses to Automatically Award Associate Degrees to Bachelor’s Degree-Seeking Students Who Complete
- Kent State Salem Hosting Nursing Open House
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- PTA Students Continue Tradition
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Rural Scholars mentors present Justice Talking
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Serving it up on Fat Tuesday
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Kent State Galleries Bring "Gardens and Landscapes" to Blossom Music CenterPosted Jun. 19, 2014
The work of Ohio-based painter Jance Lentz will be featured in the solo exhibition “Jance Lentz: Gardens and Landscapes” at the Eells Gallery on the grounds of Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. The Eells Gallery is operated by Kent State University School of Art Galleries and is open during every Cleveland Orchestra concert at Blossom, from two hours prior to the performance through intermission.
Jance Lentz, who resides in Kent, is known for her vivid, impressionistic renderings of outdoor scenes. Ben Bassham, emeritus professor of art history at Kent State, has praised Lentz’s paintings for their “basis in strong drawing.”
“Like the American Impressionists of a hundred years ago, Lentz never abandons the integrity of her subject in favor of superficial dazzle,” said Bassham.
Lentz believes the pastoral subjects that dominate her work serve as an antidote to the disconnection of urbanized living.
“Images of gardens in particular connect us to those who came before — those who have nurtured the landscape, built beauty and created places of retreat,” she said.
Blossom Music Festival, the summer season of the Cleveland Orchestra, extends from July 3 to August 31. For more information and ticketing, visit http://www.clevelandorchestra.com/.
For additional information on the Eells Gallery and other School of Art Galleries exhibitions, visit http://galleries.kent.edu/.
More information on Jance Lentz and images of her work may be found at http://www.jancelentz.com/.
Contact: Anderson Turner, director of galleries, firstname.lastname@example.org, 330-672-1369.
Image: Jance Lentz, "Entrance to Spring," 36" x 48", oil on canvas