- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Challenging 5K Obstacle Race for All Ages
- A Season of Gratitude
- Anniversary Celebration Begins with Art and Music
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Apply for FREE at Information Night
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- East Liverpool campus names Earth Day speakers
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent’s Role in Cross-County Basketball Game
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent East Liverpool’s Student Government Holding Blood Drive
- Kent State Regional Campuses to Automatically Award Associate Degrees to Bachelor’s Degree-Seeking Students Who Complete
- Kent State Salem Hosting Nursing Open House
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- PTA Students Continue Tradition
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Rural Scholars mentors present Justice Talking
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Serving it up on Fat Tuesday
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
University Communications and Marketing Releases New Photo ArchivePosted Apr. 1, 2013
University Communications and Marketing released an updated photo archive website documenting campus life at Kent State University.
Bob Christy, photography coordinator at University Communications and Marketing, with the assistance of Dan Karp, director of creative services, and Iris Harvey, vice president for university relations, has been working on the new archive project since June 2012.
“We wanted to create an archive that was much more about self-service,” says Christy. “We wanted to focus more on adding photos, rather than servicing requests for it.”
The archive contains photos that cover sporting events, the arts, student activities, news and the executive staff of the university.
The photographers in the department are willing to cover department events across campus for a nominal fee.
Christy decided to update the archive after realizing how cumbersome the former website was. He says he wants to incorporate more of a corporate Kent State look and update photos more often.
“This was a no brainer for me,” Christy says. “It will give us the chance to expand the media to send to the archives.”
The archives are open to anyone creating material to promote Kent State. Christy says the updated archives will allow users to explore and download photos straight from the website. Prior to the update, users had to submit a photo request to the photography department.
“We wanted to do this to serve the needs of the university and groups who need to access photos for promotional materials for Kent State,” says Karp.
All images in the archive are free-use, as long as the images are being used to promote Kent State. The website is password protected, but qualified individuals can obtain the password by emailing email@example.com. The photos may be used online or in print.
To see the photo archives, visit http://photo.kent.edu/.