- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Challenging 5K Obstacle Race for All Ages
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent’s Role in Cross-County Basketball Game
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent East Liverpool’s Student Government Holding Blood Drive
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- PTA Students Continue Tradition
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Rural Scholars mentors present Justice Talking
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Serving it up on Fat Tuesday
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Kent State Downtown Gallery Seeks Submissions for 12th Annual National Juried Cup ShowPosted Feb. 4, 2013
The Kent State University School of Art Downtown Gallery is seeking entries for the 12th Annual National Juried Cup Show, and will accept submissions through Feb. 15. The gallery will host the exhibition of all submitted cups March 13 through April 20.
The Downtown Gallery will celebrate the opening of the exhibit with a reception Thursday, March 14, from 5-7 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. The gallery is located at 141 E. Main St. in Kent, Ohio, with free parking available behind the gallery.
Kirk Mangus, professor of art and head of ceramics at Kent State, will serve as the exhibition's juror. Mangus earned his BFA at the Rhode Island School of Design, and his MFA at Washington State University. He has taught at Alfred University Summer School, Cleveland Institute of Art, Cranbrook Academy of Art, University of Georgia Athens Cortona, Italy Program and Anderson Ranch Arts Center, among other institutions, and has lectured in China, Japan, Korea, France, Italy, Finland, Lithuania and Canada. His ceramics and drawings have been exhibited nationally and internationally.
The competition is open to all artists residing in the United States. Each artist may submit no more than two cups.
There is a $20 entry fee per artist, which must be submitted with the entry form. Entrants will be notified of jurors’ decision on March 1, and the gallery must receive all pieces by March 9. The artist is responsible for shipping to the Downtown Gallery. More than $1,000 in prizes will be awarded.
The Downtown Gallery is open Wednesday through Friday, noon to 5 p.m., and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, visit http://galleries.kent.edu or call 330-676-1549 or download the submission form.