- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
Tailgate Event Kicks Off Sheryl Crow Concert at Kent State’s Dix StadiumPosted Aug. 30, 2012
If three fantastic bands, terrific food and wine sampling sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday evening, then join in the fun at a special tailgate party going on before the Centennial Campaign Concert at Kent State University’s Dix Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 8. The concert features headliner Sheryl Crow, along with O.A.R. and Los Lonely Boys.
The party is free and open to the public as well as concert ticket holders, taking place in the Kent State University Fieldhouse from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Enjoy food sampling and sales from local vendors, plus wine sampling from four local wineries: Sarah’s Vineyard Winery, Viking Vineyards, Maize Valley Winery and Barrel Run Winery.
There will be live musical performances, corn hole games, giveaways and music provided by 98.1 WKDD. Student and community organizations also will be represented.
The concert begins at 6 p.m. with Los Lonely Boys, followed by O.A.R. at 7:30 p.m. and Sheryl Crow at 9 p.m. Chair back seats are sold out, but general admission and field access tickets are still available.
For more information on the concert and this special pre-concert event, visit www.kent.edu/advancement/centennialcampaignconcert.
UPDATE: Please note that this story was updated Sept. 6. Due to the weather forecast, the tailgate party has been moved inside the Kent State University Fieldhouse next to Dix Stadium.
# # #