Inform Your Female Students About the Women’s Center Foundation ScholarshipPosted Jan. 13, 2014
The Women's Center at Kent State University has been a motivating force toward the advancement of women in higher education. An integral part of the center’s effort is to empower women with financial assistance in obtaining a college degree.
The Women’s Center endowed scholarship fund, established in 2003, enables the center to provide two Kent State University female students with a $500 scholarship. To date, 21 women have received scholarships.
Applications will be accepted for the 2014-2015 school year through Friday, Feb. 14, at 5 p.m.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be a female sophomore, junior or senior enrolled at Kent State as a full-time student during the award period
- Strong academic performance
- Demonstrated contribution to social causes related to diversity and/or women’s issues
- Active involvement in campus and/or community groups and organizations (including holding positions and/or coordinating responsibilities)
- Unique life circumstance/challenges such as financial need or overcoming obstacles
To apply, encourage your female students to complete the application found at www.kent.edu/womenscenter/scholarships.cfm and submit it to the Women’s Center by Feb. 14 at 5 p.m.
For more information, contact the Women’s Center at 330-672-9230.