- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
Mothers, Mentors and Muses Fourth Annual Scholarship Fundraiser ReceptionPosted Mar. 4, 2013
On Tuesday, March 12, the Women’s Center at Kent State University will host the fourth annual Mothers, Mentors and Muses Scholarship Fundraiser reception. The event will take place at the Kent Student Center Ballroom from 5-7 p.m.
The event honors women nominated as any of three roles: a mother – someone who has helped “birth” new ideas and thoughts in others and has also served as an overall nurturing individual, a mentor – an individual who has been both a role model and a trusted counselor to others, or a muse – an individual who has inspired both creativity and academic enthusiasm in others.
This year, Jennifer Kulics, student ombuds and president of the Women’s Center Board, will speak at the event.
The Women’s Center, which was established in 1996, has been focused on advancing women in their academic careers. Funds raised at the event will fund $500 scholarship awards for two Kent State University female students. This scholarship has benefited 16 students since its introduction in 2003.
Online registration has closed. Registration will be available at the door on the day of the event. Cost is $40 for faculty/staff and $10 for students.
For more information about the Women's Center, visit www.kent.edu/womenscenter.